This is a nationally recognised qualification which is designed to recognise the role you have in the workplace and to give you credit for the activities you undertake there. This qualification is to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to your work as a health and social care worker. This is the new NVQ in Health & Social Care which came into effect 1st January 2011.
Who is it for?
The Diploma in Health and Social Care QCF Level 3 equivalent to the old NVQ 3 is for those working in the care sector benchmarking their level of competency in the workplace It will help employees to achieve a nationally recognised qualification that demonstrates they’ve attained a degree of ability which gives a vital baseline in their own personal development. This QCF course or also known as NVQ Diploma is applicable to anyone in the following job roles that hasn’t acquired any higher qualifications to level 3.
- Care Assistants, Support Workers, and key workers in residential settings
- Healthcare assistants and Support Workers in community and primary care environments
- Healthcare assistants and support workers in acute health environments
- Care assistants, support workers and key workers in domiciliary services
- Care assistants, support workers, key workers in day services
- Support workers in supported living projects
- Community-based care assistants, support workers and key workers, including those employed in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
- Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or by any their family members.
- Emerging new kinds of workers and multidisciplinary health job roles beyond traditional service limits and delivery methods.
You will be allocated a tutor who will help you through your learning. You will also be allocated a QCF assessor/ NVQ Assessor who will assess your work and visit you at your workplace. Continue reading »